Σάββατο, Νοεμβρίου 04, 2006

Διαμαρτυρία 88: culture.in.mk (ΠΓΔΜ)

4 Νοεμβρίου 2006, 23:15
Από: Jasna
Subject: Cultureguide.gr portal shut down by Greek Government!

I am coming late into this discussion since I had health issues.
I wish to offer all my support, but also some practical issues that might be relevant for the situation of the Greek colleagues, since I was in that situation (and worse) in 2003. After the change of government in my country, we were promised that the new government would continue supporting our web site, and, allegedly, after some administrative issues are resolved, they would continue paying. However, it turned out that the issues were never resolved, and I found myself in a situation of having sponsored (thinking I was only lending to) the state, for a full year or more. However, I never regretted doing this, since both I personally and my staff are really committed to the web-site and we receive on a daily basis evidence on the impact it makes and the audience that counts on us.
I remain available for any further practical details you might want to ask about.
Best regards to all, and best of luck and courage to the Greek colleagues,
Jasna
www.culture.in.mk